Monday, June 28, 2010
Wrexham was the host of Fight Stars 4. The Luta Livre virus hit as soon as the first Kaobon fighter entered the cage, Uche Ihiekwe, winning in the first round after mounting his opponent he soon rolled onto his back to show off his impressive guard attack finishing with a strong armbar to get the team & Luta Livre off to a great start. Martin Wong showed all his hard work had paid off winning with a north south choke after 00.38 of the first round after a well controlled and powerful takedown he worked his way into a position he knew he had complete control to wrap up the fight. Greg Severs was up next and he wasted little time showing his superior stand up, with some good combinations to settle his opponent down finishing with a guillotine in the first round this being Gregs 6th guillotine in as many fights.
Finally it was up to Mark Scanlon, the highest graded student under Marcelo, to show Kaobons dominance in MMA right now and he never disappointed as he faced a tough challenge from 3-0 Ousmane Sidibe. Straight away Scanlon pushed for submissions as he looked to finish it early with a guillotine however, Sidibe was able to avoid tapping. After a few minutes of scrambling Scanlon went for a kimura and executed a perfect sweep enabling him to transition and finish a head arm choke improving his record to 6-0.
Uche Ihiekwe > 6-0
Martin Wong > 3-0
Greg Severs > 6-0
Mark Scanlon > 6-0
Semi Pro 2 x 5
1. Heavyweight: Andrew Galloti (Wolfslair) Beat James Thomas (Swansea Team Mayhem) by Rear Naked Choke at 0:16 of round 1
2. Welterweight: Uche Ihiekwe (Kaobon) Beat Stuart Hendry by Armbar at 3:14 of round 1
3. Lightweight: Jay Hooper (Saphires) Beat Alan Newbold (Team Elite Oswestry) by Unanimous Decision
4. Featherweight : Martin Wong (Kaobon) Beat Alan Philpott (IMMA Ballymena) by North South Choke at 0:38 of round 1
5. Welterweight: Mick Kay (Next Generation) Beat Gareth Brooke (Russ Williams Martial Arts) by Guillotine Choke at 1:16 of round 1
6. Featherweight: Greg Severs (Kaobon) Beat Brett Healy (Team Mafia Coventry) by Guillotine Choke at 1:00 of round 1
7. Light-Heavyweight: Scott Askam (Doncaster Martial Arts) Beat Dan Abbot (Russ Williams Martial Arts) by Unanimous Decision
Professional 3 x 5
8. Welterweight: Mark Scanlon (Kaobon) (5-0) Beat Ousmane Sidibe (The Game Factory) (3-0) by Arm Neck Choke at 4:04 of round 1
9. Featherweight: Matt Dobson (Next Generation) (0-0-0) Beat Jamie Barrett (Swansea Team Mayhem) (1-3-0) by Tap Out due to Ground and Pound at 1:40 of round 1
10. Middleweight: Tony Moran (Wolfslair) (3-2-0) Beat Aurijius Kerpe (Team Antanas Lithuania) (4-8-0) by Unanimous Decision
11.Welterweight: Wayne Murrie (Manvers Fight Factory)(11-3-1) Beat Marius Businkas (Team Antanas Lithuania)(9-9-0) by Tap Out due to Ground and Pound at 3:38 of round 1
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Spreading the word of Luta Livre. Today Marcelo visited Leeds Academy of martial arts. Showing the guys in leeds what luta livre is all about, demonstrating a variety of chokes and locks to make even the most skilled martial artists tap.
Check out the video by copying the link below into your address bar:
Look out for more seminars as he looks to expand luta livre further across the world this year visiting countries across europe.
Another day of history was made as Kaobon hosted its 3rd grading on sunday 13th June. With over 50 students attending and looking to learn the history of the ever growing martial art of Luta Livre. Marcelo Brigadeiro judged students ability,attitude,knowledge and commitment. It was a great day for Luta Livre showing how far it had come since Marcelo first came to Kaobon where he had 4 students the main two being being Mark Scanlon now a blue belt 3 stripes & UFC fighter Terry Etim a blue belt. The standard of Luta Livre in team Kaobon is ever growing and it is Marcelo Brigadeiro's aim to make Luta Livre a global & appealing martial art for people to learn so if your considering it give it a try or for the rest of the team keep training hard and earning your stripes.
Friday, June 11, 2010
OMMAC 5 was a show stacked with great match ups with experienced fighter Paul Cahoon looking to extend his winning streak to three wins after a win against Earl Brown in his last fight. Cahoon was supposed to fight welsh star John Phillips for the british middleweight title however, Phillips withdrew as he was struggling to make weight so Lithuanian Andrius Juska took his place. Cahoon won the fight seconds into the first round with a heel hook after evading punches from Juska and landing some of his own improving his record to 13-12. Kaobon had 3 fighters expecting to feature but due to his opponent not turning up Uche Ihiekwe was left to watch his training partners in action instead.Pietro Menga was fighting argueably the toughest test of his semi pro bouts as he fought Gareth Pilot despite doing well early on Menga made a error that cost him during the second round giving up his back allowing Pilot to take the win. Richie Downes outpointed Marley Swindells in a lightweight clash Downes impressing all through the fight with some impressive stand up.
Light Heavyweight Title Linton Vassell Kevin Thompson Submission (rear naked choke) Round 1
Middleweight Title Paul Cahoon Andrius Juska Submission (heel hook) Round 1
Heavyweight Adam Parkes Valerijs Trifonovs TKO Round 1
Middleweight Tony Moran Stu Tyrie TKO Round 2
Welterweight Chris Oban Lewis Long Submission (north south choke) Round 3
Featherweight Gary Kelly Kevin Carney TKO Round 1
Lightweight Mike Wilkinson Ali McLean Submission (rear naked choke) Round 2
Lightweight Mick Bowman Jules Willis Submission (triangle choke) Round 1
Lightweight Richie Downes Marley Swindells Unanimous decision
Bantamweight Mike Wooten Walter Caydas TKO Round 1
Semi Pro Bantamweight Gareth Pilot Pietro Menga Submission (rear naked choke) Round 2
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Team Kaobon will be hosting a grading in Luta Livre on Sunday 13th June at 1pm coach Marcelo Brigadiero a black belt under Marcio Cromado will be looking at your ability, commitment, knowledge, respect and discipline he will also be giving a brief history of Luta Livre. The fee for the grading will be £10 this pays for your belt a certificate & your registration to the Brazilian Luta Livre Association. Whether you are new to Luta Livre or a experienced grappler recieving a belt is always a great achievement and gives you something to aim for in the future it is a good way of knowing how much you have excelled in the months between grades so maybe one day you could become a black belt & grade yourself who knows!
Book either in the gym or contact Marcelo Brigadiero on his facebook.
3 was the magic number in Wolverhampton as team Kaobon took away 3 wins with 3 different submissions. Tom Aspinall winning in the first round with an impressive D'arce choke (Brabo)against Alan Harper. A choke Terry Etim won submission of the year in the UFC with has now become a popular submission to learn it requires good technique,speed and control to execute it correctly. Bantamweight Martin Wong was another Kaobon fighter proving Luta Livre is becoming even more dominant in MMA winning with an armbar also in the first against Lee Cook. The last fighter to feature for team Kaobon was lightweight Greg Severs winning with a guillotine choke at 1:37 in round 1 against Nageeb Yafai. 3 wins out of 3 well done to the team keep training hard and notching up the wins.
Amateur 2 x 5
1. Light-Heavyweight: Tom Aspinal (Kaobon) Beat Alan Harper (Olbury MMA) by Darce Choke at 1:38 of round 1
Semi Pro 2 x 5
2. Middleweight: David Kynaston (Pure MMA) Beat Ethisham Manzoor by Armbar at 1:46 of round 1
3. Bantamweight: Martian Wong (Kaobon) Beat Lee Cook (UTC) by Armbar at 2:07 of round 1
4. Lightweight: David Watson (Pure MMA) Beat Danny Hodge (Wolfslair) by Triangle Choke at 0:36 of round 2
Referee: Mike Belgrave
5. Lightweight: Greg Severs (Kaobon) Beat Nageeb Yafai (Ultimate Martial Arts) by Guillotine Choke at 1:37 of round 1
6. Light-Heavyweight: Shaun Cheadle (Pure MMA) Beat Matt Marr by KO at 1:36 of round 2
Pro 3 x 5
7. Light-Heavyweight: Arunas Andriuskevicius (London Shootfighters) (5-3) Beat Fraser Opie (SSJ Dojo) (4-1) by Rear Naked Choke at 4:20 of round 1
8. Welterweight: Eugene Fadiora (Pure MMA) (7-0) Beat Edvardas Zilius (Antanas Gym) (2-2-0) by Rear Naked Choke at 4:10 of round 1